period Style Staircases
We create hand made traditional 16th, 17th and 18th century style staircases constructed in solid oak using traditional pegged joints. We draw our design inspiration from the period detailing and styles of Gothic, Tudor and Georgian periods. A staircase is often a main feature of a home, whether it’s the visual spectacle of a grand entrance or the beauty of a simple oak staircase, the size, scale and design of the house needs to be considered. As with all of our work, it is hand made and when installed, it will look like it is part of the original house.
- Bespoke Design
- Gothic and Tudor styles 16th and 17th Century
- Georgian 18th and 19th Century including Arts and Crafts style
- Hand Carved Newel Posts and Finials
- Decorative Strings, Carved Aprons and Moulded handrails,
- Authentic Balusters and Balustrade, Spindles and Fretted Splats
- Hand Polished Bespoke Finish
- Colour Matching and Antiquing
With a period property or historic country houses whether its 16th, 17th, 18th century or later we are often asked to extend, replace or restore an existing staircase. We understand the importance of developing the interior of your home whilst respecting the integrity of the house.
We can work off-plan alongside designers, architects and other construction specialists. Our work can be found in London town houses, new period style developments. Our full architectural design service from concept through to installation is second to none.